Making her debut with the English Chamber Orchestra, Norwegian violinist Vilde Frang will be performing Bach’s two great violin concerti. These are his only surviving works for solo violin and orchestra, and represent the pinnacle of baroque concerto form.
Both Veress and Schoenberg ended their lives in exile. Veress’s String Trio is a highly evocative, folk-inflected gem while Schoenberg’s early Verklärte Nachttakes the listener on one of the most passionate and intriguing musical journeys.
- Bach Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 in G, BWV1048
- Veress String Trio (1954)
- Bach Violin Concerto No. 1 in A minor, BWV1041
- Bach Violin Concerto No. 2 in E, BWV1042
- Schoenberg Verklärte Nacht
- Vilde Frang