The acclaimed flautist Ana de la Vega makes a welcome return to the ECO to perform Mozart’s Flute Concerto in D at King’s Place, as part of an intriguing programme conducted by ECO’s longtime collaborator Gianluca Marciano. Verdi’s String Quartet and Arvo Pärt’s haunting Cantus feature as interesting counterpoints to the classicism of the Mozart and Haydn’s wonderful Fire Symphony.
- Verdi String Quartet in Em, arranged for string orchestra
- Mozart Flute Concerto in D K314
- Mozart Andante in C for flute & orchestra K315
- Pärt Cantus in Memorium Benjamin Britten
- Haydn Symphony No.59 "Fire"
- Gianluca Marciano
- Ana de la Vega