Part of the LONDON CONCERT SERIES 2018/19
What better way to start your Christmas preparations than with an evening of Vivaldi? Be inspired by some of the most recognisable and uplifting melodies of Vivaldi’s Gloria as the English Chamber Orchestra joins conductor Michael Collins and the Choir of the 21st Century; City Music Foundation artists Raphaela Papadakis and Lotte Betts-Dean are the soloists in this exciting work. Other highlights include ‘The Goldfinch’ flute concerto, with our principal flute Harry Winstanley as soloist, and Vivaldi’s energetic violin concerto ‘La Tempesta di Mare’ and ‘Winter’ from the Four Seasons, performed by Stephanie Gonley.
- Vivaldi 'Winter' from the Four Seasons
- Vivaldi Concerto for Violin, Op.8 No.5, RV 253 ‘La Tempesta di Mare’
- Vivaldi Concerto for Violin and Cello in B flat major, RV 547
- Vivaldi Concerto for Flute in D major, RV 428 'The Goldfinch'
- Vivaldi Gloria in D major, RV 589
- Michael Collins
- Stephanie Gonley
- Caroline Dale
- Harry Winstanley
- Choir of the 21st Century
- Raphaela Papadakis and Lotte Betts-Dean