We are delighted to announce that the ECO shall be returning to Bermuda Festival for two concerts in January 2015. The ECO first performed at the Bermuda Festival in 1977 and has since been reinvited on many occasions. 2015 will mark the Ruby Anniversary of the Bermuda Festival, and we are delighted to be taking part in the celebrations!
Some other facts about Bermuda:
* The first European to discover Bermuda was Spanish sea captain Juan de Bermudez in 1503
* Bermuda became a British colony in 1707 and is the oldest British Oversees Territory
* Bermudians drive on the left (there is no car rental so tourists have to rely on mopeds, taxis and buses to get around the island)
* The “island” is actually made up of 181 coral covered, lava-based islands (21 square miles in total)
* Bermuda is home to the smallest drawbridge in the world (12 inches long)
* Bermuda’s first capital, St George’s, was established in 1612; it is the oldest continuously inhabited English town in the western hemisphere
* Bermuda is self governing, and is not a member of the European Community
* Its many sandy beaches are coloured pink by particles of shells and coral
* There is no running water on Bermuda, each dwelling collects its own rainwater which is filtered and stored below the houses
* Bermuda has the highest concentration of golf courses per square mile in the world
- and over 400 shipwrecks!